Thanks to all the applications we received for this role, plenty of amazing and inspiring work on show. We’ll be in touch with everyone very soon!
This is a call out to all of you young filmmakers, graduates or those after a career in the creative industry!
We’re looking for a ‘Creative Filming Assistant’ to join our team in our Glasgow studio. This will involve working with us on many of the awesome projects we currently have in production. If you think this role could suit you, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch!! For more details see below.
Creative Filming Assistant – Full Time – Salary D.O.E.
Here at Cut Media we are looking for a talented, enthusiastic person to join our small but growing team of creatives and filmmakers… Is this you???
Answering to our Directors you will be involved in a variety of our productions from conception to completion. You will work alongside our amazing crew to create industry-leading, high-quality digital content for a huge range of UK and international commercial brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles will include; Brief interpretation, assisting in creative treatments, camera operations (to support our DP’s), and a variety of post-production tasks.
Working in an independently-operated company, the work will be fast-paced, diverse and the successful candidate will get a very broad experience of creative industry. We’re a new breed of video agency, with a different attitude towards filmmaking and the creative process that shapes it. So while industry experience and relevant education to a degree level is beneficial, we really want to see your work and learn about you…
You must have:
- At least 3 years experience in camera-based work.
- Experience in using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- A great showreel or portfolio of film work.
- Ability and experience dealing with clients (either on a freelance or employed basis).
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A polite, confident and friendly manner.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm for the occasional foreign trip and ability to work weekends if required.
We’ll like you more if you have:
- A full driving licence.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (E.g. InDesign &/- Photoshop).
- Experience in using a variety of grip equipment (E.g. Freefly & DJI).
- Good knowledge of digital media and the internet.
- Experience in the outdoor, cycling or tourism industries.
- A degree (or other higher-level qualification) in Film Production &/- Marketing.
You’ll definitely fit in with us if:
- You like working in a team.
- You like to do sports in the outdoors and mountains.
- You have a slightly obsessive enthusiasm for new camera toys.
- You appreciate the work of Kevin Bridges &/- Arnold Schwarzenegger (not in a combined production… although that could be awesome…).
How you apply:
All applications must include the following:
- Links to relevant film work.
- Bond films starring Daniel Craig in order of preference…choose wisely!
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close Tuesday 8th March with a view to the successful applicant starting with the team as soon as possible.